National Nurses Week is May 6th - 12th and the theme this year is “Nurses: Inspire, Innovate, Influence.” National Nurses Week ends on May 12th, Florence Nightingale’s Birthday (1820-1910). She was the founder of modern nursing. She served as a manager of nurses during the Crimean War and was known as the "Lady with the Lamp" while making rounds to wounded soldiers at night. We want to celebrate nurses this week with the following list of freebies and discounts:
Nurse Week Discounts
- PDQ - Receive 50% off on May 8th when you show your badge
- Cinnabon - Free classic cinnamon roll, MiniBon, or four-piece BonBites. From May 6-12, show your badge (Cinnabon is a proud supporter of the Daisy Foundation)
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – Free sweet treat with badge at participating locations
- Buca di Beppo – Free meal for nurses with ID, at participating locations
- Fannie May – Receive 15 % off fine chocolates through July 1 using code: 39984
- 1-800-Flowers – Receive 15 % off gifts & flowers through June using code: RMNSV15
- DrFirst - Enter to win 1 pair of Dansko shoes each week in May
- SocksLane - Receive 25% on all orders through May 30th. Use promo code 25NURSESWEEK
- GIANT Microbes - Receive 20% off orders with coupon code NURSE20FP
- Sleep Number - Receive 35% off their purchases with license verification
- Disney World – Special discounts for nurses at the Swan and Dolphins resorts. Call 800-227-1500 and mention the code DREAMS
- Nature’s Gift – Receive a 10% off discount of essential oils with a current state license
- New York & Co – Receive a 15% discount for nurses with a badge
- Lydia’s Uniforms – Receive 20 % off nurse mates clogs, athletic wear and shoes
- Scrub Shopper - Receive 15% off your order with code DROP15for a limited time
- Salus Medical Uniforms – Receive 80% off on nurse jackets, scrubs, uniforms and more.
Nurse Week Discounts - Education
- CNA Plus Academy - Free CNA Practice Test
- Free Webinar from the ANA - 2018 National Nurses Week Webinar: Emerging Technology and Its Impact on Nursing Practice. All nurses who pre-register and attend will receive one continuing education credit.
- Nurse.com CE Series supported by Johnson & Johnson
- CE webinar: The recorded presentation “Substance Abuse and Women” will provide information about the unique substance abuse risk factors for women. Host Susanne J. Pavlovich-Danis, MSN, RN, ARNP-C, CDE, CRRN, will discuss reproductive concerns and other issues.
- CE course: “Knocking Out Pain Safely with PCA” focuses on patient-controlled analgesia risks and how nurses can ensure patients are protected from medication errors and will receive adequate pain control.
- CE course: “Medication Nonadherence: America’s Other Drug Problem” presents the factors that prevent nonadherence and methods to address it.
- Elsevier – Receive 30 % off nursing and other medical references textbooks using coupon code: 92635. Free shipping is included.
- Lippincott Williams – Receive 20 % off plus free shipping on any nursing package or nursing textbook with coupon code WZT51HFD.
- NetCE – All nurses and nurse practitioners can take a 23-credit online geriatrics course for $39 through the end of May.
- Skyscape – Receive 20% off the Daviss Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests when you use coupon code: YGGU-DRPX-MION through the end of June.
- WGU – Western Governors University has scholarships available and no-fee application during nurses week for additional schooling
Nobl is a rounding technology platform that improves patient experience, clinical outcomes, and communication in healthcare systems. Learn More about Nobl Health.